Re: STEERING BOX

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STEERING BOX
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:55:55 -0400
If the play is in the sector shaft (vertical shaft) you can adjust till the
cows come home and it won't fix it. You can adjust slightly the screw on the
top (loosen the lock nut first), go gentle a little is  lot and you can make
it hard to steer if you go just a little too far. If the box is worn a bit
of adjustment may help but probably not. power steering boxes have always
been hard for me to adjust. old manuals were easy. maybe its just me. I
heard that the quick ratio box out of a trans am is a drop in. If true you
could order a reman from AutoZone or similar and just give them your old box
as a core, those counter guys will never know the difference.
Rick