Re: Undercoating and Engine Color

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Undercoating and Engine Color
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:19:29 -0400
> Two quickies:
>
> 1) I am going to have the surface rust taken off the undercarriage and
have
> the car undercoated.  Does this sound like a good idea?  Anyone have any
> suggestions?  The rust is minor and insignificant but doesn't look nice.

You can use a good quality rust inhibiting paint on the frame ,
www.rustbullit.com or por15

> 2)   I am going to spray the air filter, valve covers and a couple of
other
> items in the engine.  Was the original color of the valve covers the same
blue
> as the air filter??

The color was the same but of course it doesn't mean that your air filter
hasn't been painted the wrong color. both were ford blue, be careful though
there are 2 or three shades of ford blue, early late , dark, light. pick the
one closest to what is on the original parts.
Rick