Re: I'm looking for a speedometer

To: jhuckins@cybersurfers.net
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a speedometer
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:12:33 EST
Those things are like gold.  Don't feel bad I have not heard of anyone
successfully restoring one on his own; you have to send them off for repair.  I
have
3 or 4 non-working ones myself maybe now is the time to do it. Digging around
in old e-mails I found a couple speedometer repair places to check out:

North Hollywood Speedometer
(division of Pacific Parts and Instruments, Inc.)
6111 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 761-5136
http://www.nhspeedometer.com

Palo Alto Speedometer
718 Emerson St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301-2410
Tel: 650-323-0243
http://www.paspeedo.com/

Speedometer Plus
8916 Ellis Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90034
(877) 900-9009
http://www.speedometerplus.com

Also, the Siemens/VDO tech support site
http://www.vdona.com/Tech%20Support/repairpage.htm lists North Hollywood and
Palo Alto, along with 3 others:

NSI, Inc
1336 Oakland Ave.;
Greensboro, NC 27403
336-273-2881
http://www.speedchk.com/

United Speedometer
2431 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92507
909-684-0292
usimail@earthlink.net
http://www.speedometershop.com

Forster Instruments Inc.
John Anderson
Jeff Heal
7141 Edwards Blvd.
Mississauga, Ontario L5S 1Z2 CANADA
800-661-2994
800-632-9943
don.strongitharm@forsterinstruments.com

N.Hollywood and Palo Alto look good so far.  If anyone has any recent
experience with any of the above please pass it along. Then I will call them
for
quotes maybe we can get a club group discount or something.  Thanks a lot.

George