Re: 2450

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2450
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:34:18 -0500
At 03:01 PM 3/5/2004 -0600, James A. "DOC" Riesinger wrote:

>Once again as I attempt to put 2450 back together I hit another gremlin....

>I tried to get it to start yesterday and have a very annoying electrical
>problem. I can not get it to turn over from the key switch . When >I turn
>the key to start I read only 4.65 volts at the wire that is suppose
>to activate the solenoid.

James,

For starters:

1. Check the terminal connectors at the battery.  Are they tight, clean, etc.
   If not start by cleaning and tightening them,

2. Check to see that the ground under the chassis, bolted to the chassis is
   clean and tight.

3. Make sure the ground strap at the pass side by the starter solenoid is
   making a good connection.

If you've painted the chassis, take some sand paper and clean around the
holes that the ground wires connect to, also sand the connectors, and
reattach and tighten.

4. Put a volt meter across the battery posts, and see what the voltage is.
   Then have someone try and start the eng. and see what the voltage is.
   If the voltage goes below 10V then you probably need to put a charger
   on your battery.

5. Make sure the wires connecting to the starter solenoid and starter are
   clean and tight.

Let us know if any of this help.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229