Sure is quiet

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Sure is quiet
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:41:26 -0500
It sure has been quiet here lately.  I know there was a lot of traffic
on the BI web forums but even that's been dead the last couple of days.

I guess a lot of places are like here - Spring like weather - and everyone
is getting out in their garages and digging out the Bs.  Well hope so.
I hope you all keep me in mind when your playing with your B and trying to
solve all the problem that crept in while she was hybernating.  We need
articles for the magazine.

Now, what I've been up to.  The April issue of the magazine was finished
last Sun. and the CD cut.  All ready to go to the printers Monday.  Well
got some last minute items, and had to crack it open again.  So it's now
ready and will be heading to CA to the printers tomorrow.

Other than that for the last couple of weekends, I've been getting the
doors functional and chasing air leaks. Spent 1 weekend (at least 1 day
of it anyway) installing/mounting the filter.  Then I started the fun
game of chasing air leaks.  About 3 weeks ago, I couldn't hold air for
1/2 hr.  Found a couple of leaks and got to where I could hold the air
for about 1 hr.  Finally crawled under and pulled the air dist. panel so
I could get the soapy water to stay on it.  Found a bad regulator, replaced
it.  That shot down another weekend - running all over town to get a reg.
and the fittings.  Got the leaks down to about 10 psi per hour.  Finally
last weekend I found the last 3 little leaks.  Sunday afternoon, I turned
on the compressor to fill the accumulator.  The compressor turned off at
140 psi.  Tonight (4 days later) I've got about 133 psi in the system.
So definately a step in the right direction.

The weather is getting nicer so I'll have to spend more time in the shop
working on her.  After I get the dvr door all done, I'll have to start
the final look and touch up of the body work and I'll be ready to shoot
color!!!!  But still don't have any expected completion date yet. :)

It will be on the road 2 days after it's on the road. :)

John

the

Phone:  (757) 495-8229