Re: Bricklin totals?

To: Joe.Fedeli@dla.mil, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin totals?
From: KINGALIONZ11370@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:19:45 EST
well, since this is not your ordinary car like the cavalier or something of
that nature, and since it was known in late 75 that there would be no more of
these made, that kind of was a catalyst for the owners of these amazing
vehicles to ensure that they did survive.  To my knowledge, the known number of
Bricklins still in restorable condition is actually close to 2100 (I would have
review the database again to get better numbers for you)  As for actual
numbers produced,  it was officially 2852 i believe ( again would have to
double
check the info), then there were the ones that were actually on the assembly
line
but not completed that were finished after that to bring to 2897.  After that
there were the ones that were built after the fact and as far as Terry Tanner
knows 2914 is the highest numbered car that he has actually seen himself.
Whether there were any more than that its not known.  Now keep in mind though
that we at the shop are constantly finding out about more cars that have been
hidden away.  Just this past week we learned of another that actually has some
signifigance since the owners name is also Terry Tanner.  Who would have
figured that there would be 2 Terry Tanners that own Bricklins.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.

John L
Bricklin Parts & Services