Selling My Bricklin

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Selling My Bricklin
From: "Craig Ferguson" <csf@duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:05:09 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in selling my Bricklin and would rather it go to an
enthusiast than a neighborhood kid.

It's a 1975, #1568, original white car painted black, with the factory
351W and FMX and 42,000 miles.

The engine is essentially original stock and original and runs well
once warmed up.  The transmission shifts smoothly and the car
drives well.  However, I have kept it as a project car and have never
driven it any great distance.

The body is in good shape with no major damage.  There is a
moderate crack in the fiberglass above the windshield and some
light cracking around the doors on the roof area.  The windshield
has a very thin 8" or so crack.  The black paint is presentable and
could shine up well, but it would really need a re-paint to look
good.  The doors have been converted to air and work well, though
the passenger side latch does not work (stuck open).  Doors
would need a little adjustment to fit perfectly and the window
rollers are pretty stiff.  The wheels are originals and in good
condition with brand new BFG 235/60-15 Radial T/As.

The entire interior has been redone but not yet installed.  The
quality of the work is excellent.  Only the carpet and center console
are missing.  Seats are in excellent condition and dash has no
cracks.

The gas tank has been cleaned and recoated, the fuel pump
replaced, and the carburetor rebuilt (the choke still needs to be set
up correctly).

The car includes many, many parts and extras, including complete
service and parts manuals, original owners manual, years of the
Brickline and miscellaneous literature, switches and electricals,
NOS side mirrors, fresh window mechanisms, yards of material to
match the redone interior, sounds deadening, insulation, weather
stripping, NOS window cranks, new aluminum door sills, spare
lower dash, original lug wrench and case in excellent condition,
complete NOS emblems, and a lot more.

The car has tons of potential and I would like to see it go to a good
home.  I'm asking $4500 but will entertain all offers and/or
interesting trades.  I'm in Durham, North Carolina and can be
reached by email or on my cell phone at 919-225-3937.  I have a
digital camera and would be happy to email pictures or answer
any question.

Take care,

Craig Ferguson