Re: Electrical question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:31:55 -0400
At 12:38 PM 9/10/03 -0500, James Riesinger wrote:

>            Not a Bricklin question but. I have a 1970 Buick Electra and all
>of a sudden now when I shut it off the Generator light stays on. If I start
>the car and run it a split second sometimes once sometimes twice then the
>light will go out . Any ideas on the cause or cure would be appreciated.

Anyone answer your question yet?

The light usually is on because there is a drain on the battery.  My
guess is that your alternator may be going bad.  You might want to take
the car to your local auto parts store (AutoZone) and see if they will
run a diagnostic on the battery/alternator.

If that checks out, the only think I can think of is something to do
with the ignition switch or a bad ground and some how the light is
carrying some power to ground.

However, you'd really need an electrical diag. for the car to begin to
figure it out.

Hope this helps and let us know what you find out.

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V