Re: Rear corner window seal

To: jugeauj@gdls.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear corner window seal
From: "MK F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:26:19 +0000
>Anyone know what the recommended window sealant is for the rear corner
>windows?
>The stuff I've got in there now is some black tacky stuff which seams to
>work
>okay, but looks like it been pushed around by whomever and needs replacing;
>not
>easy stuff to reuse.

I think I did an article in the Brickline about this.  What people use is
good old black RTV silicone.  That gummy stuff is 3m window weld (I think
that's what it was called).  The problem with that is it is so thick that it
creates little pockets where water gathers.  Just pop the windows, clean
both surfaces, put a healthy dose of rtv on the window and brace it into
position overnight.  I used a bag of kitty litter and a flat mop wedged in
there to brace it. Kim