re: seat bolts

To: "Robert Zee" <peekootong@hotmail.com>
Subject: re: seat bolts
From: "bob and annie" <annieb@mcn.org>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:44:36 -0700
robert,

i have my seats out and i just went to look at them.  it looks as though one
of the rails is directly bolted to the seat itself by a bolt at each end.  the
side that bolts to the floor of the car looks like it has bolts that have been
pressed in somehow.  i see a little sleeve showing through on the bottom and
the top (the part inside the rail) does not look like a normal hex.  if you
are rabid about original you have to talk to tanner or hoffman.  however, if
you just want it to work it looks to me like you could replace the bolts if
they break.  you might have to be creative on tightening the nuts on the
bottom when putting the seats back in because the bolt might want to turn.
use a long bolt and put a nut to tighten on then a double nut to lock while
you tighten the first one.

if you are not in a big hurry, spray some kind of liquid loosener on them for
a few days (wd-40 or such).  mine came off without breaking or turning.

sorry it took so long to answer.  you will have to have somebody else help you
with your firing blanks on the list.

bob #319