Overheating Problem Solved

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating Problem Solved
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:25:42 -0400
After all the mods (high flow waterpump, 4 row radiator, electric pusher fan,
front scoop, etc.) I think I finally got my overheating problem solved.  I had
the briliant idea to check the temp sending unit.  I had ordered a 300 (150 C)
degree sending unit from e-gauges but it turns out they sent me a 250 (120 C)
degree unit.  Fortunately, I still had my original intake manifold, so I pulled
the sending unit off it and put it in.  Now I'm running a cool < 200 even with
the 90+ temps we've been having.

For those intereseted, the markings on the sending unit are VDO, 8.75, 150C,
6-24V, 801/9/1.
Marvin