vehicle weight

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: vehicle weight
From: Seth <sbunin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:55:20 -0500
Got bored today so I took my car into work and put it on our scales. The
vehicle is a 75 with
the air conversion for the doors, and is essentially stock everywhere else,
including all acrylic
panels. Well, you can add about another 30lb for the sound system. The vehicle
had a 1/2
tank of gas. The results:

Left Front: 995
Right Front: 1005
Left Rear: 794
Right Rear: 766

Front: 2000lb
Rear: 1560lb

Total: 3560 lb

Now the neat thing is this, if you figure I add another 68lb for a full tank of
gas, and looking at
the door tag showing a GVWR of 3900, that means that with a fully gased
vehicle, I'm allowed
a total of another 272lb before I'm over the total limit. That's two pretty
tiny people, and no
luggage!

With the above weight split (56.2 / 43.8) that puts the CG of the vehicle at
almost exactly the
gear shifter (without passengers).

Seth