Re: cd reciever

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cd reciever
From: Seth <sbunin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:33:59 -0500
Stan,

I can't speak to the cutting of the dash (I'm personally against going that
direction
and prefer updating the radio to a new shaft style and then using a CD changer
with
an FM modulator), but as for the wiring, they are typically very simple. You
have a
battery line and a switched power, plus a ground to power the unit. The antenna
just
plugs into the back of the radio. You'll have another line, sometimes labelled
remote,
sometimes power antenna, or something else, which is a switch for accessories.
If you
don't have any accessories (CD changer, power antenna, etc., you can ignore
this line.
Then you'll have your four sets of speaker wires (but remember your bricklin
only comes
with two). It is not important which wire goes to which side of the speaker,
but both
speakers must be wired the same, or you can potentially get some signal
degradation.
Some advice, don't use wire nuts and eletrical tape. Use crimp connectors,
solder, and
shrink tube, it gives a much more professional job, and after you've messed
around back
there putting the connections together once, trust me, you won't want to have
to go back
there ever again to fix problems.

Seth