No to SB708

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, khand1486@earthlink.net
Subject: No to SB708
From: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 20:42:52 +0000
Thanks for the heads up.  I regard this as an emergency situation.  I'm even
willing to talk to people who drive Porsches (my God!).  I am sending this
to all california clubs.

As you are probably aware, California Senate Bill 708 proposes to force
collector cars as old as 45 years back into the smog check system with the
cars that people actually use on a regular basis.  If club members have
vehicles between the years of 1959 through 1976, they are likely going to
oppose this.  I have created a fast-and-easy kit to facilitate the voicing
of opinions on this.  Unless they have contacted their representative
already, you may refer car club members to this kit at

http://66.229.128.62/justsayno/

before your senator votes on it.

Thank you
Steve Owens