Brakes

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:43:58 -0500
At 01:47 PM 1/5/03 -0500, Seth wrote:

>One thing to think about when updating the brake system is the brake
balance.
>While you can't leave the production prop valve in, using the SVO parts
might
>not be a good idea either.....

That brings up a very interesting point.  I've been told that the one of
the front rotors for the Brick. are No Longer Available (NLA).  I believe
there were 2 different rotors used based on weither you have the Kelsey-
Hayes or the Bendix brakes.  I'm not sure which is nla, nor which fits
what other cars.

If you want to stay with the AMC brakes, I've heard that you can change
the stub axel, caliper and caliper anchor and then the rotor/hubs.  But
I don't know with what.

Anyone have any more info. on this subject?