Re: Raising the rear end

To: Maycinc@cs.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Raising the rear end
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:46:09 +0000
----Original Message Follows----
From: Maycinc@cs.com

What is the best way to raise a leaf spring rear end?   In the old days we
just put on shakle extensions but those caused other problems.  I'm thinking
about air shocks or coil-over shocks.
Any ideas?
====

This isn't really an answer to your question, but my suggestion is to not
raise the car - fabricating tubs isn't all that hard, and the car will look
and handle better if you clearance the body for the bigger tires instead of
jacking it up to accommodate them.

Failing that, how about having some longer leaf springs made up custom with
a deeper curve to provide your lift.  How much do you need?  1"?  3"?

--
Phil Martin
"You said 'You almost dropped me',