Re: Door adjustments

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door adjustments
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:01:55 -0400
At 10:28 PM 8/8/02 -0400, Seth wrote:

>I've just adjusted the strikers on both of my doors. The drivers door now
closes and latches with a tight fit (can no longer push on the door when
its closed and have it move), but on the passenger door, I've adjusted the
striker as far down as it goes and the door still hits the second latch and
is loose. Is the latch itself on slots too? Or is there another adjustment
to tweak to get the door to latch properly?

Seth,

There are 3 or 4 bolts that attach the latch mechanism to the bottom of the
door.  If you loosen them, you should be able to move it towards the inside
of the door a little to help the door latch.