Re: hydraulic door won't come down

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hydraulic door won't come down
From: <krodgers@nautel.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:15:01 -0300
> You hear the relay fire. But is it working?  Use a voltmeter or test
> light, and check to see if you have power on the output side of the
> relay.  Next, is the pump turning?  The pump is bi-directional and
> the rams are forcably moved up and down depending on which side of
> the piston hydrolic pressure is applied to.
>
> Good luck!
>
> John

Hi John
The pump is getting power.  It sounds kind of  like when the piston is at
the top and can't go any further in the up direction.  The pump has two
hoses coming from it that go to an aluminum block and then two hoses come
from this aluminum block and go to the piston.  Any idea what this aluminum
block does?    I don't know anything about hydraulics, but I would have
thought that one hose would go from one side of the pump to the piston and
an other hose from the other side of the pump to the piston.