MSD Ignition System

To: "<"<bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: MSD Ignition System
From: PEABODYDC@prodigy.net
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 13:46:23 -0500
The MSD system is basically a supercharged ignition
system.

(Multiple Spark Discharge) It has its own coil,
control module & distributor. I have the system on my
360 using Accel 8.8 wires to the MSD distributor. The
distributor then plugs in the control module and has a
vacuum line to the intake manifold.

The system delivers a hotter, longer lasting spark to
the plug which of course means better combustion. I'm
ready to change my plugs to a .040 gap instead of the
recommended .035 gap, simply because of the better
spark.

I'm also going to try the AC Delco Rapidfire plugs
at .040 gap. TT also mentioned a plug called "Rimfire"
which I understand is for aircraft use. Imagine what
that plug can do, especially with aviation fuel!

MSD can be found at any speed shop or even Jegs or
Summit, but make sure you tell them the engine you
have and the carb size. This way they can match the
right system.

Dave