Re: spark plugs

To: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: spark plugs
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:49:41 -0400
It's so much that they are all the same, there are differences but they are
all pretty good now a days. The only way to reduce detonation with a spark
plug is to go to a colder plug. Detonation is causes by the charge exploding
before the piston get to Top Dead Center, To reduce this you have to either
retard the timi8ng so the charge gets lit later or increase the octane of
your fuel so the charge doesn't explode as fast. going to a colder plug will
help reduce pre-ignition, that is the charge being lit by the warm end of
the spark plug before it sparks.
Rick