Re: Re: 3.15 gears

To: <Bricklin0023@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 3.15 gears
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:55:50 -0400
Those would be the 'logical' choice for a 3.15 ratio. The others that work
22/7 would be too coarse, and 63/20 would be too fine to hold any kind of
torque. I don't that anybody has come up with a way to make gears with
fractional teeth i.e. 41.5 or 7.2 teeth.  a 44/14 would be close at 3.14,
but if the gears are designed for the carrier and housing, and the ratio
works out, it really doesn't matter.