Strange Headlight Problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange Headlight Problem
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:54:41 EDT
I know that Bricklin headlights have a lot of quirks but mine is one I
haven't heard before.  Here's what's werd.

1. Pull bypass valve - lights go up.
2. Close bypass valve - lights go down.
So far so good. Now the problem.
3. Pull headlight switch - lights stay down but turn on.
4. Pull bypass then headlight switch - lights go up and turn on.
5. Leave the headlight switch out then close the bypass - the lights stay up.
6. After closing the bypass if I push the headlight switch in - the lights go
down.

It appears that the bypass valve is working correctly but not the switch.
Basically, to work the lights I have to 1) pull the bypass, 2) pull the
switch, 3) close the bypass.  After that the lights stay up and on until I
push in the switch.
What could be the problem?
Marvin