Re:carb sizing

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:carb sizing
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:28:05 -0500
This is a good guideline but a little over simplified. Manifold choices come
into play, dual plane Manifolds 'hide' half the carb so they require a
larger carb than an open plenum manifold. Most street manifolds that 'work'
are, and almost all factory manifolds are dual plane. A 600 cfm carb works
fine on most engines of  327-383 ci. The Edelbrock carbs are a bit better
out of the box but more people know how to 'tune' holleys. My personal
choice is a 600cfm edelbrock, I've got one  on my 360 dodge motorhome and it
has worked flawlessly right out of the box and for the last 3 years. The
motorhome is even heavier than the brick and it does not bog, burp or fart.
Rick.