Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings

To: Maycinc@cs.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings
From: "J F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:11:02 +0000
>That's exactly what mine are.  I just didn't know the exact terms.  Is
>there
>any advantage to the nylon vs brass?
>Marvin

There might be a slight advantage in the nylon ferrel if you have a person
who torques the nut down so tight that the brass ferrel might actually cut
the tubing.  But with the separate nipples and brass ferrels and the proper
tubing and torque, it is easy to get an air tight connection without
damaging the hose. Another common issue with the nylon ferrels was that over
time they would deform and seemed to not seal as well if taken off and
reattached numerous times. But heck, sometimes we would take them on and off
gosh, maybe 20 times, before there was an issue.  Plus the plant ran 24
hours a day so it had a variety of mechanics wrenching on everything. Kim