Re: The Junkman

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Junkman
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:40:03 -0500
>For anyone that is interested, I found a website where you can download the
trailer for "The Junkman". It is at:

>http://www.slonezone.com/drift/video/exclusive/Junkman.mpg

Brian,

  I'd love to get a decient picture of the B coming
over the police cars for the cover of the magazine.

>Has anyone seen the whole movie?  I am just curious if they destroyed the car.
 I know from watching the trailer that it does get abused (driving on top of
about 10 police cars with the doors open) and in the trailer they brag about
destroying over 150 vehicles during filming.  The movie looks really cheezy.
 I hope there wasn't a Bricklin lost to a bad movie.

Yes, I have.  There appear to be at least 2 Bs used.
The one going over the police cars, ends up in the
river.  In the movie the recover it.  While recovering
it, the star is standing next to another B identical
to the one in the river.

Yes it is a cheesy movie!  Just like the original Gone
in 60 seconds.  Both done by the same director H.B.
Halicki.  He did all his own stunt driving in both
these movies.  He made 1 more, that is supposedly
mostly clippings from the other 2 movies.  He was
killed doing a stunt on his 4th movie.

In the original Gone in 60 Seconds the cars are more
of the stars.  The new version has a LOT better acting,
more plot and character development, but not as much
of the cars.