Re: Newbie owner questions!

To: George Schiro <gschiro@lni.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie owner questions!
From: "Paul J. Amoroso" <amo@access995.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:16:39 -0500
Hi;

Back in 1982 when I bought my Brick (#1207) I had it transported from IL
to Pgh, PA.  U Haul welded a tow bracket on the frame which I have been
able to use since without the need for a car carrier/trailer.  The cost
(back then) was $110.  That included the bracket with pins, tow hitch
for a tow ball and installation.  The only thing you must do is drop the
drive shaft at the U-joint and it pulls out from the transmission with a
sleeve...a fifteen minute procedure.  Put the transmission in neutral
(even though it really doesn't matter since it's disconnected).  The
bracket that gets welded onto the frame is small and fits up underneath
so you really don't see it.  The bracket has two little ears about 3/4"
apart on each side.  The hitch has tabs that fit between the ears and is
connected via a pin on each side.  I like for the added convenience it
has given me over the years.

Amo  (Paul Amoroso)

George Schiro wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I had my Bricklin (#678)transported from Texas to Michigan about 5 years
> ago.  I don't remember which company I used but it went without any
> problems.  I believe I got the name from Hemmings.  The cost was $600.  I
> don't understand why they are concerned about the make of the car unless it
> is for insurance purposes.  I suppose you could tell them that the Bricklin
> is similar to a Vette of the same period.
>
> George Schiro

///
///