Stand. Tranny Brick 75?...Also, removing the door?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Stand. Tranny Brick 75?...Also, removing the door?
From: "Joe B" <trespasser@graffiti.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:20:43 -0500
Hey, I'm Joe, I'm from Ottawa, Canada.  I have a 75 Bricklin with a 351 engine
in it.  Is it possible to convert this to a standard transmission and if so,
what would this entail and what would the easiest way to do this be?

Also, my father was driving the car into my garage with the door up and I guess
he didn't realize how close it was and hit the door against the wall on the way
in.  The door is now a little cracked from stretch marks on it.  Other than
that, it does not seem damaged, but I'd like to take the door off and either
get it repaired locally or send it off for repair.  I was wondering if anyone
could tell me how to get the door off.  I've managed to dislocate the air pump
and I've removed a couple two bolts from both the left and right top of the
door...it still won't budge though and I'm wondering what I'm missing to remove
it?  Also, does anyone have a place to suggest work for a Bricklin in the
Ontario region in Canada?   Thanks a lot for any help, -Joe Brownstein