Re: Carpet glue?

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet glue?
From: Todd Rapp <rappman@marz.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:52:49 -0500
 I used 3m Spray adhesive and the JC Whitney heat shield contact spray.
Both products worked well.  Both have been used for over a year and no
problems.  If heat is the issue probably JC Whitney would be best , but
the 3m I picked up at Wal-Mart(Black Aerosal can with red/orange
lettering)

Todd Rapp
1896

Steve,
I got some stuff from JC Whitney that's called Heat Shield Contact
Adhesive
(item #81px4606b).  It's designed for heat shields and high heat areas.
It
sprays on kind of like silly string.  I used it to glue on the
insulation on
my hood and so far it has held well.

Marvin

> What glue would you suggest for holding down carpet?  Something with heat
> tolerance is a must, of course.
>
> -> Steve

///
///