Ford AOD trannys

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ford AOD trannys
From: "Bob Miller" <bobworld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:36:42 -0500
After hopping up the upper part of my engine, I have now torn up my
crankshaft bearings with the added horsepower and a mysterious bottoming out
on the oil pan...(I don't remember doing it, but I suspect the mechanics who
worked on it, or my 19 year old stepson may know)...anyway, the damage is
done..

Since the tranny can only be swapped when the engine is out....and since I
will have to pay for another engine pull for the crankshaft...(plus gas
prices escalating)..I am looking for an AOD transmission to mate to my 75
Ford 351...any advice...anyone know how to rig the "kickdown" from the
carbuerator...this is the biggest problem my mechanic says he has...anyone
know if the kickdown lever is manufactured by any one?  Also, any other
problems with using a Mustang 4speed AOD tranny...like the shifter or other
stuff?...

BTW my mechanic, a Mustang restorer, wants to weld a plate to the cross beam
to protect the new oil pan, (from a Ford F-150?)... It sounds like a cheap
piece of insurance for the rest of ya'll...I'd take pics but I dropped my
digital camera and broke it too!!!

Bob Miller at bobworld@earthlink.net

///
///