Re: Gas Tank

To: "Michael V. Mitchell" <Bricklin1155@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Gas Tank
From: "bricklingeorge" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:19:03 -0500
  They are supposed to be unpainted, zinc finish. If it is not rusty, what I
do is take a DA sander to it to clean it up and put an original looking
swirl in it, then I clear it with POR clear. It looks great and it won't
rust. If it's too rusty, Eastwood makes a zinc paint that looks good. Not
quite original, but good. If I have the tank out and it is rusty inside I'll
take it to ReNu and have just the inside done, then paint the outside. If
they have to do the outside they put a black tar like finish on it. Hope
this helps.
  George

George J. Malaska, VIN#768
Vice President, Membership