Re: Door Latch Solenoids, Air, replacements

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door Latch Solenoids, Air, replacements
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 06:05:45 -0500
John, I believe Bob H has elec door latch/solenoid  replacements that
supposedly offer some improvement over OEM.   Not to knock TT's air idea,
but there are some concerns besides high cost.   Besides  having  to run air
lines thru the doors, now if you have an air problem you can't even unlock
the damn door from the outside!  And we are already far too familiar with
air problems, even with electric compressors.  Why add to them?   For those
without elec compressors, there is no way I'd even THINK about these.
Personally, I think it's a giant step backward.  And after using them for a
week, I wasn't impressed.   While I was up there (VA) we talked at great
length about  the issues the door latch solenoids present in both air and
elec versions.   However,  it remains a personal choice.  I just think its a
good idea not only keep the parts list accurate and updated, but to make
sure we do our best to make these choices clear.

BTW, update on just received car....
HEY, maybe the Bassani muffler is so quiet because they installed it
BACKWARDS and decided to run a reduced 2.25 smaller pipe elbow to it!  What
morons!!!!!!!!!

stephan #2821

///
///