New Lister

Subject: New Lister
From: "Michael Senn" <bricklin@surfeu.ch>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:09:30 +0100
Hi Folks,

I have to say thank You to John Blair who shared his experience with me
during the days I had to decide to buy the Bricklin. It has some minor work
to do, but all in all it is worth the GMC Syclone I left for it (OK I got
some bucks back too).

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm living in Switzerland near Basel in the
corner where France and Germany touche swiss borders.
I bought some weeks ago Bricklin #131. A 74 safety red (that looks more like
an orange (the fruit) than a red with 360 AMC engine. As I know of all my
other AMC cars the motorcraft carb isn't too good. So the previous owner
exchanged it with the intake manifold to Edelbrock 650cfm. The car runs
perfect. My Javelins do so with the same equippment.

I hope that it is one of (or THE) oldest existing. It has just 6000miles and
I know the whole history of the 3 previous owners. It wears the date of
9/17/74 in the door, and was sold to a swiss bike racer who brought it
directly to switzerland (he now builts kit cars in asia).

My Experience with Ford parts in my AMC's like starter relay and Servopump
of the steering in my 70 SST are bad. I just took the Bricklin because it is
equipped with the AMC engine and suspension etc.

All stock must not be like all perfect. So I will soon change the door hydro
to the air kit. If it weren't out of order I would keep it as it is. Maybe
just the pump is out of order but I don't know where to get the right one.
Any suggestions? Is a lowrider pump useful or to much for the doors?

I put my pics asap on the net in my virtual car museum
http://members.surfeu.ch/michael.senn just bookmark the site it is worth
several visits in  year... I hope so.

If some of the Listers are from Europe or even from Switzerland I hope
You'll contact me under bricklin@surfeu.ch or michael.senn@surfeu.ch

Best regards,
Michael Senn
Bricklin #131
(my other actual cars: 73, 74, 74 360 Javelin, 79 Pacer Wagon V8 304,
81 Eagle 258, 72 Buick Riviera Boattail 455, 88 Beretta 2.8l
maybe soon a 82 sundancer and a 76 matador instead of the Boattail)
I love the AMC AMX/3 too, but I think I will never get one...I had a well
offer for 150'000USD... that's too much for me... it was one of the two from
Teagues cars. It's one of two running cars off 6 protoypes built in italy...

///
///