Re: windshield trim--How to make your own missing piece(if done

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: windshield trim--How to make your own missing piece(if done
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:48:02 -0500
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 10:31 AM
right)

 On vin#1136 that piece flew off as I was driving(drivers side) what I did
 was make my own out of wastebased caulk,go to your local Home Depot,pick up
 a tube or two of their  WATERBASED BLACK CAULK(Red Devil Lifetime Brand
 ADHESIVE SEALANT  Siliconized Acrylic 10.1 Fl.oz. tubes),then apply it to
 where the missing pieces were(the corner areas)and make it level with the
 remaining pieces,then using a  damp sponge or clean damp rag shape it to
the
 orignal part,with the right curves,until you get satifactory results,(if
you
 make a mistake it is water based so that it is easy to clean up/redo,let it
 dry for at least 24 hours,and it will Look, as good if not better than the
 orignal,as it is blended into existing part.This stuff is also good for any
 leaks in your Bricklin and it is under $2.00 a tube compare that with that
 oily Goo that they want xxx dollars and makes a mess to install.Hope this
 helps.

 P.S. I also installed a windshield with that stuff 4 YEARS ago,and it is
 still working perfect (no leaks/problems).
 Claude
 1024/1136

///
///