Re: Speaking of building bricks III

To: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Subject: Re: Speaking of building bricks III
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:24:44 -0500
The hatch mod that I have done on the 75 involves some body and paint work.
Basically you cut the top of the taillight panel off and bond it to the back
of the hatch. The trough section (that was bonded to the tail light panel
flips over and is bonded to the tail light panel to fill the void and viola
you have a full length hatch that is not only easier to open but water now
drains out the back. If you have a painted car this is a wonderful mod and
is almost undetectable at a glance and looks very natural. Bob told me that
this mod was 'in the pipe' for 76 when the plant closed. I also took it a
step further and put in a flange to urethane the rear window to(like modern
cars) eliminating the original gasket (another constant leak) I am in the
process of making molds for these modified parts so guys can do this mod as
a 'bolt-on' by removing their hatch and tail light panel and installing the
mod pieces. don't expect them soon as this is my busy time of year and with
working 14 hours every day it don't leave much brick time, hell I haven't
even had time to pick up my newest acquisition yet. I don't expect to sell
allot of them but I do also have about 40 NOS back glass that I can pre
install in them.