Re: Chassis Differences ?

To: "Brandon" <bsmoody@kih.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Differences ?
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:42:54 -0500
> Does anyone know what changes ( if any ) were
> done to the chassis during the changeover
> from the AMC to the Ford powerplants ?
The biggest change I can see is the front crossmember. the 75 up, Ford
crossmember is much deeper than the 74 amc cross member. This may have also
changed the suspension pick-up points but I'm not sure.
> Also,  does anyone know if doors are still
> available NEW and what price ?  thanks
It depend what you want. I have a few NOS pass side door skins (orange, red,
green) and there may be some drivers side out there, try TTor BH. I don't
know what the current price is for NOS ones but aftermarkets (fiberglass) go
about $300 each for the skins only. As for the frames, I saw at least one
brand new frame at Hoffman's last time I was there, You will have to ask him
how much and if he has any more. I have a pair of used 74 doors but I am not
ready to sell them yet ( these are spares for my cars).
Rick, 0539/2028/2884

///
///