Re: 1973 351W

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1973 351W
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 05:56:48 -0500
   When I stated that the 351 w family motors were interchangeable I assumed
that we were talking basic short block (block and internals). I knew you
would have to change all the accessory drives and oil pump and pan as well
as the exhaust. The pan is from a truck, when I worked at fords in Windsor
in '75 one of the jobs I did for a while was install the dipstick hole plug
on truck engines (truck dipsticks are in the rear of the pan).
 It is important to save ALL the little brackets and such when removing the
engine. don't leave them on the engine or you or someone else down the road
will have a tough time getting everything right again. Remember  projects
take longer than you think and sometimes people loose interest so please be
careful with these pieces for the sake of the next guy to own your car if
not for your own.