Re: heater valve

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater valve
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:52:37 -0500
At 11:05 AM 1/15/01 -0800, Roderick Keeler wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>When I bought my Bricklin, the heater core was bypassed.  I now need to
>reconnect it.  Here's my question(s).  There are two hose connectors in the
>fire wall.  Which of these (driver or passenger side) connects to the hose
>to which the valve is attached?  Also, (as I don't have the valve) how many
>hose connections does the valve have, two or four?  I think it should be
>two, but I saw a picture of an engine bay in which it looked like it had
>four.  The only thing I'm reasonably certain of is that it has a single
>vacuum hose attachment as well.

Rod,

   Before I connected it up, I'd be a little suspecious as to why it was
bypassed.  I suspect that the core had a leak and the PO didn't want to go
through hassel or expense of getting it fixed.

   To answer you questions:

1. The outboard (pass side) hose is the one with the flow control valve on
   it.
2. The flow control valve only has 2 lines on it.  The output goes to the
heater core, the input comes from the water pump.  There is an "T" in this
line near the alternator and hot water get pumped to rear of the dvr. side
head.  There is a vac. ported temp sensor there.

Hope this helps.

///
///