#2417 for sale

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: #2417 for sale
From: Jess Nicholas <jessn@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:08:46 -0600
#2417 is for sale, again. I pulled it from the market this fall but I've
decided to relist it after some heavy soul-searching.

The car is very reliable. It was originally orange but has been painted
red. The body is in good shape; a few stress cracks but nothing I'd
consider major. The only concern body-wise is that one of the hatch
brackets is broken, and I don't recommend opening the hatch until it's
fixed.

It has about 41,800 miles. All mechanicals are in good shape and you can
literally drive this thing anywhere. It doesn't overheat and the A/C
works. It has a custom interior--leather seats from a Corvette and a
hand-laid leather-and-vinyl silver interior that looks really sharp. It
has the original carpet.

The air doors work but one of the switches needs replacing. However,
they do go up and down. You'll probably need a new air pump--the old one
works sporadically. It has a brand new carburetor, Edelbrock breather,
battery and fan clutch. The power steering leaks slightly, but works
fine. The tires are near-new Yokohama AVS Intermediate Z-rated on the
original rims.

I'm asking $6,900 for it. I have receipts showing the paint and interior
work to be worth much more than that. The car is in Alabama and you'll
have to either come get it or arrange for a shipper; I can't bring it to
you. This isn't a perfect car, but it's much farther along than most
Bricklins in this price range. I'd rate it an 8-8.5 on a scale of 1-10.
A full set of shop manuals is included.

Email me here or at bricklinfan@angelfire.com and I can send you a
picture. I hate to part with her. Even though I drive it to work two or
three times a week, I need something a little more practical. You can
also call me at the following numbers to discuss the car:

Home: 205-562-0290
Work: 205-349-2990 ext. 1043

Jess Nicholas