Re: starter relay wiring question

To: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Subject: Re: starter relay wiring question
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 05:59:52 -0500
In the early years (pre 76) ford used a 4 terminal solenoid. The first three
were the standard, battery, starter, and solenoid power. the fourth was
Ignition. It was used to supply full voltage to the coil during crank,
bypassing the resistor, to make for easier startup.
Yours was probably left uncounted because it was not punched all the way
through Ha Ha. Your mechanic probably left it off because it is not needed
with the MSD as the box powers the coil at higher than battery voltage
during both crank and run.
Rick 2028/ 0539 and a 76 to be determined later.