Re: Gelcoat vs Acrylic #3

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gelcoat vs Acrylic #3
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 02:10:04 -0400
Hi Claude,
    I think you're selling today's acrylics wayyyyyy short.  They are vastly
different than what was available 25 yrs ago.  With general care, they'll
stand up to more than paint or fiberglass will.  Hell, gelcoat has it's
problems too.   Flex is positively no problem with acrylic.  Terry will be
the first to tell you they had NO F%$&@&    idea what the hell they were
doing a quarter of a century ago.  Think about it.  We're talking about
finding a way to perform even spot repairs on the Brick's panels, or a
resurface of an entire car!  And ending up with a proerly restored Bricklin.
I really think the technology it outthere or at the very least it is
definately worth a try.  This would be a great asset.  And at what risk???
Like I said, I've watched these guys to their stuff and it is incredible.

Can they do it to the Brick panels?  Well, we'll never know unless we give
it a sincere effort to find out.  So why resist the effort instead of
helping?  No one I'm aware of has really checked this out in years.

stephan #2821