Why not change the rear end ratio? Always compromises.

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why not change the rear end ratio? Always compromises.
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:19:48 -0400
Well, I agree that both terms are less than explicit and I think compromises
are all part of the deal no matter what.  But I think you can strike a
pretty competent median if accomplished with some planning and LOTS of
knowledge, which is why this MB is so great.   I've got the motor up to
about 300hp or greater with about 340-380 ft/lbs of torque(according to
similar set ups).   Mileage has yet to be calculated.  And as I'm sure you
know, the 4v Holley double pumper has many configurations and great
tuneability.   It's the one thing that kept me away from the ROAD DEMON,
which I believe is a much better carb out of the box.   By changing the rear
only, it's a good guess I will lose some of the take off speed I've gained.
I also agree with you that perhaps the best way to go for us with an a/t is
to go with an AOD tranny, but I hear this does present some problems with
the holley 4v linkage and of course, the OEM look of the shift console.  Ah,
more compromises.
Thanks George,  I'm looking forward to what you can dig up.
stephan #2821