Re: Carburetor

To: "Todd Rapp" <rappman@marz.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 06:03:26 -0400
You can make a 4 bbl carb fit with an adapter but it will provide no better
performance than the 2 bbl, probably with less driveability. I believe you
have three choices: A) fix/rebuild stock carb. B) use hi perf 2 bbl carb
such as holley 500 cfm 2300 series. C) change the intake and use a 4 bbl.
The 4 bbl that I have had the most luck with is the edelbrock.  This is
actually a carter afb that has been manufactured by weber for edelbrock. I
installed one of these on my motorhome last year after talking to friends
and it was the easiest carb modification I have ever done. I simply took it
out of the box, bolted it down, put on the appropriate throttle adapter,
hooked up the fuel and throttle, turn the key, drive away and I haven't
touched it since. It is very driveable with no bogs or flat spots. No need
to mess with float levels, jets and power valves like on holleys.
 Of course there is always the choice of swapping on a digital fuel
injection system ($$).
Rick 2028