Re: remote door opener

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: remote door opener
From: "htcoating" <htcoating@sprint.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 08:25:19 -0400
The problem with the JC Whitney and most others is that they are only 2 or 3
channel remotes to do the job properly you need 4 channels 1) drivers door
up, 2) pass door up, 3) drivers door down, 4) passenger door down. You may
be able to combine # 3 & 4 and close booth doors at the same time but if my
memory serves me right (it has been a long time since having a brick with
working doors) it was nice to be able to modulate the switch to get the
doors to close without slamming. This would probably be impossible to do if
both doors were open at the same time.
 I was talking to my Hot Rod shop and he said that his remote supplier was
about to come out with a 7 channel remote. This in my opinion would be worth
the wait, you could open and close the doors, pop the hatch and still have 2
functions left .
Rick 2028