Re: wheel stickers, just noticed something

To: alfaki@bellsouth.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel stickers, just noticed something
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:21:51 PST
>Kim, are the logos you referred to just on a very thin button or a thicker
>plastic pc??  On examining Bob's replacement, I noticed these are very thin
>cover-ups over what looks to be a CL insignia of some kind.
>stephan

The are just little silver dollar sized (I know that is the size cause that
is what I used as a template to position them) pressure sensitive stickers,
like a kid's stickers. The are as thin as a postage stamp, and cost about as
much at 50 cents each.  They come in a long roll, again like some stamps.
They were so cheap that I bought 10 of them.

You have now totally exhausted my meager knowledge of Bricklin hub cap
stickers except to say that if they are mis-applied by as little as a
thousandth of an inch it will cause the wheel to be unbalanced and wobble at
140 mph.  As a matter of fact, contrary to the assertion that no one has
ever died in an SV-1, there was the test driver on the plains of New Mexico
who didn't know that his stickers had been applied by some kids at Malcolm's
birthday party playing pin the tail on the donkey.  Another example of a
childish game turning into a senseless tragedy.  Oh the humanity.

They only good thing to come from that party was the whack-a-mole.  Turns
out that this game was a success and soon was adopted by Brickin faithful as
a way to keep their headlights down (at least to quickly get them down to
prevent embarrassment). Kim