Re: Solenoids/Muffler

To: rileym3@hotmail.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solenoids/Muffler
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 11:53:39 PST
>I also forgot to ask about the muffler on my '75.
>1: Is a true dual exhaust(dual muffler) a good idea?
>2: Kim mentioned a crossover kit.  Is this the thing that makes the exhaust
>pipes form an "X" between the headers and the mufflers?

If I  said crossover, I mis-wrote. The original muffler is a crossflow (from
a 69 camaro, I think) type that had inlets and outlets at both ends of the
muffler.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember if there is a crossover
pipe -- those are normally used to equalize the exhaust pressures.

>3: Which is better- a pair of 3"/4" exhaust tips or smaller dual quad tips
>similar to what Rick Hayes has on his car?
>4: How will different exhaust setups change the "sound" my car will make?
>want to stay close to the stock sound, even if the exhuast parts are not
>stock.

Like I said, I got mine at Midas and it is great and fairly cheap. Kim