Re: My new Baby Brick

To: pthorn1@pacbell.net, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My new Baby Brick
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:53:01 PST
The cars sold for about 10,000 in 1975, 25 years ago.  Realistically, now
they are worth about the same.  By your own statement the high side that you
have seen is 20,000.

As to investment, it takes 10 years to double an investment assuming 7.2%
return.  Had you put the 10,000 in a cd back then at the modest 7.2 rate
(this is well below the 12% or so that the stock market returned over those
years), today it would be worth about $45,000 and in 20 more years about
$160,000.  If you want an investment, buy an already highly desirable and
expensive car or invest in the market.  If you want a fun, not too expensive
and distinctive car that gets high signs from guys driving a Countach, get a
Bricklin.  Kim