Upgarding to 17" Rims

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Upgarding to 17" Rims
From: "Riley Marquis III" <rileym3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:28:33 PST
Greetings!
The Dodge is still down with two bad fuel injectors, but I've got $600 saved
up for the Bricklin!
I recently found a really cool auto parts search engine, and as luck would
have it, there is a listing for our Gullwinged Wonders!  Other listings
include Maserati(perfect for taillight assemblies), AMC, and of course Ford.
  Try it out.
http://car-part.com

Anyway, this search engine helped me find 17" rims from a 1994 Corvette,
which I'm planning on buying and installing on my car.
I am aware that the speedo cable had a problem with properly moving the
odometer to the correct mileage, and I would like to know if there is a
mathmatical formula I can use to calculate my car's actual miles.
Second, is there anything I need to do such as adjusting the rear axle ratio
to account for the rim size change?  How difficult is the mod, and what
would it normally cost?

If anyone has tried rims similar to the ones I'm buying, please let me know
how everything turned out.  I hear that the factory rims on Bricks can cause
the car to shake at freeway speeds.  Is this true?
Thanks!
Riley F. Marquis III
VIN 1758 - Upgrade In Progress...
Should be back on the road by Y2K...