Re: Fw: How do I quiet emergency brake?

To: Maycinc@cs.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: How do I quiet emergency brake?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:35:14 PDT
I am familiar with that adjustment -- I have had that whole assembly in and
out several times.  I don't know, though, that this will fix the problem.  I
think that this adjustment is more to adjust the brakes and to adjust when
the emergency brake engages rather than to just take up slack in the cable
to prevent slap.  In other words, I think that this may be a more gross
adjustment of the system as a whole rather than the more discrete thing that
I am looking for. But, thanks for the help and that may be the only thing
that we have -- I will get under the car and see if there are any other
possibilities. Kim