Misc ? and info.

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc ? and info.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:38:22 -0500
Boy what a great day here in VA.  The temp is hovering at 40 deg., it's
raining and the wind is blowing about 15 knots.  Well I may get out in
the garage this afternoon for a while.  I've spent most of the morning
running around.  Stopped of at my friends with a 74 Brick to see what
he was up to.  He needs a sending unit for his gas tank.  So we went
out to look for one.  One of the oldest car parts stores in town said
they had a universal sending unit, but that it would have to be bolted
to the tank.  The as we were leaving, the fellow that had been helping
us said that he handled VDO guages.  And that if it were a VDO guage he
could get us a sending unit from VDO!  Well ureka!!!  But don't know
what it looks like.  The parts fellow also indicated that VDO uses 2
types of sending units:  1 goes apparently goes from 0 to 90 ohms of
resistance, and the other goes from 90 to 200ish ohms.

Anybody got a functioning sending unit laying around for the Brick and
can measure the resistance of it?

In addition to that source, I may have found another source for the sending
units, but will have to check on that later in the week (especially if
I'm armed with the resistance info.)

While Al and I were running around, we got to talking about getting a
spare tire for the Brick.  I know I had some info on the wheels around
here some place, but I can't find it right now.  Anybody have any info
on the original wheels, and what our mounting pattern is, also what
other cars have the same pattern?  Anyone put one of the small spares
in their Brick?

Well that's about it for now.  I've got to go put a bike together for my
#2 son.  Then maybe I'll get out in the shop.  On the other hand, I might
just take a nap.  Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer.

John

 and
it

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V