Help with wiring

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Help with wiring
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:46:25 -0500
Hey gang.  I know it's Christmas an most of you won't have anything to
do tomorrow unless you have little childern and have to help build all those
neat toys.  I'll cut you all some slack.  Go have fun.

For those that will be playing with their car tonight and tomorrow, I have
a couple of questions regarding the wiring harness.  You don't really have
to do to much work, but a flash light might be of some help.

I'm working on the wiring harness for my 75 Brick and trying to figure out
what some connectors go to and what other things do.  Here are the questions:
All this pertains to the interior, under dash portion of the harness.

1. About 2 inches from the fuse block, where the black wrapping starts, there
   are a couple of connectors:
    a. a 10 pin flat female connector
    b. a 3 pin connector
    c. and another connector with a white (sort-of) thing pluged into it.

    What do connectors in 1a and 1b connect to?
    What is the white thing do?  It has TUNG-SOL 903 on it.
         Suggest that you try your hazzard lights, the turn signals, etc.
         and see if you hear it click or buzz.

2. After the break out in 1, there is a breakout for the headlight & wiper
   switches.  Pass that one, and about 4" further down you will see another
   break out with 4 connectors.
     a. One is 6 pin sort of Octogon shaped - I show as No Connect
     b. an 8 pin flat connector
     c. 2 pin - large wires
     d. 6 pin rectangular connector

   What do 2b, 2c, and 2d connect to.  I think these go up to the dash
   harness based on the 2 large wires.  I think they go to the AMP gugae.

3. 8" further down is another break out that goes to the steering column.
     a. 2 connectors attach to the ignition switch
     b. there is a 10 pin flat connector - I think this goes to the connector
        for the switches in the steering col.
     c. there is a round gold thing.  I beleive this is the turn signal
        flasher.  Could you try your turn signals and hazzard lights and
        see if the clicks for both.

    Is my assessment for the connectors in 3 correct?

4. This main harness contines on towards the pass. side of the car.  If you
    start at the pass. side courtesy light and work you way back up the
    harness,
     a. there is a round silver can plugged into a connector.  What is it
        for?  Again, try all the switches, and see if it clicks or buzzes.
     b. at the same place there is another connector with another whitish
        thing plugged in.  It has TUNG-SOL on it and an number 90?.  What
        is the number and again what is this for?

Other than that, I guess I sort of need to know how the harness is
routed and where it is mounted.

TIA

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi